What is our Preparation for Employment course?
This course is all about developing your social skills, increasing your confidence and independence and supporting you to get the most from your local community and gain more confidence in employability skills
The programme runs one day per week.
Who can apply?
If you are over the age of 19 years old and would like to be an active member of you community. This is the programme for you.
We would like to meet you for an assessment before you join us at College to make sure this is the right programme for you. You must not hold an active Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or be in full time employment and you will need to be in receipt of benefits to qualify for funding
What work can I do?
There are different pathways offered on this programme they are ;
- Creative arts (dance, drama and art)
- Upcycling (furniture restoration)
- Digital Skills
- You will also have opportunities to:
- Work with new people
- Develop your social skills
- Get involved in social enterprise projects
- Explore ways to make new friends in a safe environment
- Work towards an accredited qualification in creative crafts Entry 1– Entry 3 or Employment, digital and community engagement Entry 3.
We want you to be as independent as possible and throughout your time with us we will support you to make new friends, try new things at College and in your local community.
- We will support you to identify and access a range of social enterprise opportunities and community projects
- We will encourage you to make choices about which employment activities are best for you from those available
Do I need any qualifications to apply?
You don’t need any previous qualifications to apply for a course with us.
Throughout the programme we will embed functional maths and English .
We will develop your core skills in: Communication, problem solving, thinking skills, digital skills, independence and mobility, work skills, managing change and resilience.
You will need to attend with your carer/support worker if necessary who will be responsible for medical and any other needs. If you feel support is not required, this will need to be discussed and agreed with the Head of Centre.