Who is the programme for?
If you are over the age of 19 years old and have a passion or enjoys creative arts. This is the programme for you. It is all about taking part in creative arts, such as art, dance and drama. Developing your social skills, increasing your confidence and independence and supporting you to gain more confidence in your creative skills.
What are the entry requirements?
Applicants with an active EHCP will need to ask your Local Authority to consult with Orchard Hill College. Applicants without an EHCP must be in receipt of benefits and not be in full time employment to qualify for funding.
We would like to meet you for an assessment before you join us at college We want to make sure this is the right programme for you and talk about how we can focus your learning around your chosen area of interest.
About the programme
Our practical programme has been designed to prepare you for adulthood. The different pathways offered on this programme are:
- Creative Arts
- You will also have opportunities to:
- Work with new people
- Develop your social skills
- Get involved in enterprise art projects
- Explore ways to make new friends in a safe environment
- Work towards an accredited qualification in creative crafts Entry 1– Entry 3
- Get involved in drama projects
- Get involved in dance activities
Here’s how we will achieve it together
We want you to be as independent as possible and throughout your time with us we will support you to make new friends, try new things at college and in your local community.
- We will support you to identify and access a range of creative arts opportunities
- Encourage you to make choices about which creative arts activities are best for you from those available
Our Creative Arts programme is offered at our college centres in Southwark, Sutton, New Malden and Uxbridge areas.
Functional Skills maths and English is embedded throughtout the programme. We will develop your core skills in: Communication, problem solving, digital skills, independence and mobility, work skills, managing change and resilience.
On completion of the programme, you may have opportunities to join social enterprise schemes and community projects. You may also recieve an accredited award in Creative Crafts Entry 1– Entry 3. WorkStart: Creative Arts – Enterprise WorkStart